Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spiced Dark Chocolate Milk

A simple delicacy, dark chocolate hot cocoa is a staple in my life.  I can hardly imagine a day without it!


In the Microwave, heat 1/4 cup milk 30 seconds on high.  (I like whole milk, it helps my slow digestion.  A milk substite is also great, but heating times may vary depending on the type of milk you use.)




Add One Tbs baking cocoa powder while warm










Whisk with a fork


Add milk to fill the rest of the mug


Microwave again for 2 minutes 30 seconds on 80% power
If you want cold milk, you can skip this second heating.


Add 2 Tbs brown sugar (to taste) and spices


Here's a picture before the final stir with the fork.  It comes out super smooth and wonderful.


Spices can be:
Cinnamon (I usually combine with another)
Ginger
Cloves
Nutmeg (may cause drowsiness)
All Spice


You can also add marshmallows, but I don't because marshmallows make me fat.  Whipped cream would be yummy, too.


And yes, the mug is from my graduation year from College.  I opted for the mug rather than the $500 dollar ring.  Hehe, because I'm smart like that!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment