Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mowing vs. Hacking

I'm so much more ready to get cracking on my wonderful Yarrow Lawn as of today!  I used the brush hacking tool I brought home from grandpas on the tall plants I want to incorporate into the small lawn I'll be creating.  FUN!  How awesome is that?


The tarps look horrible and they've been sitting there for way too long.  Hate to admit it, but it's been a couple years.  The neighborhood side of the yard is finally getting beautiful, but Sharon says the front yard looks like Samford and Sons.  Is that right?  Apparently that was a junk yard in a TV show once.


So mowing is out, hacking is so IN, and I'm ready to really get rolling on my new yarrow lawn!
Yarrow is drought tolerant, native to western pa, flowers prettily, and has medicinal value for colds, flus, or anything that might be benefited by some extra sweating.  Soothing to the throat.  Grows to 20 inches.  I have it in many places in the garden because it's quite vigorous.  I'm slowly taking up the seed sets from around the place and placing them in the new lawn area instead!  


I had a lovely day, I hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment