Thursday, May 24, 2012

Things I put together (1)

Apparently I've been making this too much work for myself.  Since I dip out the planted blogosphere for spans of a month just to pop up and say "nope, not dead" and recede again into places unknown.

NEW SERIES??  Maybe?
Things I put together.  Because I'm eating soup.  And who the heck would think to put this stuff together is what I always hear.

Warning - this stuff is largely from my garden.  I need to be more proud of that!  Yet I look at the ingredient list and I think "nobody else in the world is gonna have this stuff!  Ever!"  So, yeah, farmer's market?  In-season yummies?  Farm-shares?  I seriously don't know.  What I do is walk paths in the garden and pick stuff.

What did I put together today?

Last night I soaked a combo of black beans and black eyed peas.  Drained and rinsed them.

In a stock pot.
One large soup bone chunk.
(I love the meats department at Khun's - an odd little grocery chain here in PA)
I browned the meat on the meaty half of the bone.
Added the beans that were all soaked and rinsed and ready.
And a bunch of water.

Then out to the garden!
Radishes
Bulb tops from my 'walking onions'
Let me see if I have a pictures of this species...

I do!  It's the little reddish bulb looking tops that I snapped off and threw in.  :)

Then to the freezer!
Sunchoke slices (I really don't recommend freezing these, grow them in pots or raised beds and they harvest from under the snow just fine!  And taste way better.  But this was a couple years past failure.  Needed used up.)

Cooking cook cookness.

Soup!  Yum.

What will I do next?
Strain some of this out, wrap it up in some of the red cabbage leaves I have frozen, and wrap the soup mix into the leaves for stuffed cabbage yummies and bake it at something like 300 for an hour or something.

Hey!  That was fun!  And easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment