Saturday, May 26, 2012

Federally madated minimum milk cost

The federally mandated minimum cost for milk had created an interesting effect at Aldi...
A half gallon of almond milk at Aldi is currently similar in price to the same quantity of cow milk next to it on the shelf!

I don't know about your Aldi, but at mine, the cow milk is usually expiring "today" or "tomorrow" - which is fine for a half gallon, what I don't drink I'll cook with.  But with a full gallon, that's an impossible time frame.

Almond milk at Aldi is great, and doesn't expire for a couple months!  Really.  I don't like refined sugar, I've become quite adapted to the taste of raw dark brown sugar, so I don't like the flavored ones, but my friends do, so they must be pretty good for the normal palate.  I like the non-flavored!  And I treat it just like my usual milk.  You'll find it either in the dairy section or in the section near the fancy cheeses, depending on your store.

Very Yummy.
Just thought I'd let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment