Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Primary Ingredients!

The primary ingredients to my gluten free life, this is basically my GF life in a bullet pointed nut shell!

instinct
Shit, did I burn that?
My garden
Taste contrast... some of the craziest things work!
Freaking busy schedule
zero disposable income cuz I'm poor
Aw, man, I didn't turn the stove off!
Slow cooker, slow cooker, slow cooker!
Eating the same thing several days in a row.  Often.
Forgetting to eat on weekends
Living off of hot cocoa, basically.
Realizing I'm hungry at midnight
forgetting I have so much amazing stuff in the chest freezer
investigating the chest freezer... again.
Shortcuts.  LOTS of shortcuts.  As many shortcuts as possible.
Eating what I burned.
Seeing the adventure in the act of of feeding myself
Listening to lengthy involved recipes that people want to share with me.
Remembering two key ingredients of that recipe, forgetting the rest, and succeeding!
Failing.
Eating my failures.  Often.
Thinking "I have this, and that... hmmmm?" and ending up with good food.
Microwaving water.  Milk.  Radishes.  Stuff.  It's a shortcut.
Never ever ever doing dishes before the crisis stage.
Vinegar.  Mmmm Hmmmm.  Oh, and olive oil.
Skillets!  Yes!  Skillets!
Oversized bowls in the microwave so things don't bubble over.
Soaking beans.
Going to the little grocer to see their cool meat cuts!
Freezing things that shouldn't be frozen, and skipping blanching entirely.
If I can't put a shortcut on the time invested, then I better shortcut the price.
Being cheap.  Yeah.  Can't afford to be any other way.
Spending a lot of time not-in-my-house.
Asking the cats to help me catch up with my chores.  Yeah, it's that bad.
Going and checking the chest freezer again.
Digging through the mass of stuff in the regular freezer.
Washing the dish I need.  The pan I need.  The crockpot I need.
Putting things out to get rained on.  On purpose.  And forgetting them.
Herbs!  Fresh from the garden!  Or fresh from the kitchen pot!  All year, yay.
I dunno.  Other stuff too.

Well, that was fun, wasn't it?

I have pictures to show you how to make your own super laundry soap for pennies a bottle!  Woah.  Need to post those for you guys.  :)  And the garden is awesome.  Um.... strawberries!  The cats are great, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment