Monday, August 13, 2012

CombODDnation: La'Rouge Cercle

See what I did there?  I got all creative with the naming convention.  I really don't know french.  I'm sure that's way beyond obvious here.  I'm just being a terrible dork.  Plus it sounded kind of gross in English.  These are over-easy eggs with a red circle of baby maters.  Simple and delicious.  And if you have wonderful friends like I have who spoil you with gluten free bread on the random, than you can do it up one more level...

It's easy!  Preheat the oiled skillet (things flip easier when the oil is heated up before it's used).  While the eggs are all uncooked and stuff, just set the baby maters in a circle around the yoke.

IF you have gluten free bread, this is a nice touch, but not necessary at all.  If you do, you can place the slices of GF atop the uncooked egg parts.  as the egg cooks it will solidify and become part of the slice.

Flip it over when the edges of egg start to brown a bit.  If you have the GF bread there you'll have to toast it for a while to get it to cook through to the rest of the egg.  If no bread there, then just flip the egg and skillet it for another minute or so and you'll have yokey eggs with baby maters cooked in.  2 to 3 minutes and it'll be cooked the whole way through.  And it looks cute.  :)

YUM!  This is Udi's white bread.  It tastes yummy, very dense and the texture is really bread-like.  With toasting like this it gets much more crunchy than I expected, it actually snaps like a cracker after this.  Also it really gets a sweet taste to it.  Good stuff!

Hopefully I'll come up with more baby mater recipes soon, I have too many!  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment