Saturday, April 16, 2011

Daffodil Insecurities

My glutenless garden is getting rained on today.  And my immediate next door neighbor just put of their for sale sign, so all of my home exterior insecurities are screaming at me.  And I'm thanking the heavens I have about 300 daffodils in the back yard.  I don't want the odd appearance of my house to chase away good buyers for my darling neighbors who have been so supportive to me and I'm going to miss them so much.


I took the picture just below of the yard just a few days ago.  It's raining too much to take a current one at the moment.  I've taken down the compost pile, moved the tire rings out of sight (I use them like mulch, and to hold down newspaper mulch around the plants.  There's recycled jeans hanging on a fence in far back left that I took down, I used those for mulch on my tomato plants and will again, but they look bad just hanging.  The black covering on the paths is also new.  I changed my espalier supports over to green wire fencing (I have a surplus of the stuff from grandpas).  I've been busy.
I don't have the resources to finish the structure in the back right now.  That will be an unheated greenhouse.

300 Daffodils indeed.  What they do for me is show that this plot of brown is purposefully created.  The garden looks on purpose so much earlier in the year.

I have a strong distaste for modern landscaping.  It's so sterile and mechanical.  But when you bite off more than you can chew (and I OFTEN do that) then non-sterile can start to look unkempt, it's a line that's hard to keep track of.  And I have lost all bearing on what looks normal.  I keep asking my neighbors, but they seem to be too nervous to mess with my electric green thumb.  I guess at one suggestion per person, that's gonna be pretty good, it just requires a lot more effort going around and asking a lot of people.

Yes, I have insecurities that are mitigated by daffodils.

Rain let up, here's the updated pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment