Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CombODDnation: Lego Yogurt

I've made spiced yogurt, it's not too fancy, and it's quite fine.  And there is no reason whatsoever to call it Lego Yogurt except that I found this little Lego man in my cupboard when I was making it and that was fun.  Hope I'm not violating any copyright here, but considering the kinds of things I've seen the Lego name associated with out there on those webernet spaces, I'm feeling pretty safe about this.

1 Cup plain yogurt
2 Tbs dark brown sug
1/4 Tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle nutmeg + clove
Splash vanilla
Lego man



And  stir.  Yeah, poor little guy.  It's delicious.  You can use almond extract and any number of pie spices to your taste preferences.


Also, in the copious stuff I brough back from cleaning up grandfather's a couple years ago, I discovered I've brought home a little treasure, this beauty is from 1945, and it has some truely facinating recipie ideas, the kind you just don't see "these days" like tomato jelly, jellied egg salad, pinapple and cheese jelly.  

Oh my, these must be attempted and stomached for every bit of delight that might be willfully discovered.  Not doing anything with prunes, though.  But I'll substitute figs and continue as planned.

2 comments:

  1. But but but prunes are YUMMY! I'll test those recipes for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GeeCat, that is an excellent idea, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete